It seems like every single female has been putting the lyrics to “Best thing I never had” by Beyonce… and it irritated the heck outta me… til one day I listened to the lyrics… the WHOLE song… soooo I’m in love with it now..! lol.
I mean, I don’t eve know where to start like. It’s like you find love, and you lose love, and then…
“For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.”
When it came to my relationship with God, one thing I always had a problem with was patience… I would never have patience with God. Please believe it always backfired on me.
When I first rededicated my life to God, in December 2009, I was still trying to live “the best of both worlds.” I was pursuing a relationship with God by reading, praying everyday, & going to church on Sunday even though I was at a party the previous days drinking, smoking and what not… SMH.
So i finally came to a realization that I need to give God my ALL in February or so… I just started to give Him my all by not going to as many parties and eventually stopped going to parties all together. However, I was still drinking and smoking and other things… it slowed down, but didn’t stop all together til later on
Mind you, I was still pursuing a relationship with God. I was beginning to feel His Holy Spirit. He started speaking to me in dreams, and other ways of course…
It wasn’t until I came home from Saginaw, May 2011 when I let go of the drinking, smoking, partying, etc, all together. and I was GOING HARD..!
I let all of that stuff go but I became impatient with God. I wanted to be “Saved sanctified and filled with the Holy Spirit” overnight… I subliminally began to look down on the things that I was doing before I made a commitment to God.
so in December 2010, I was being tested. I held on strong for a while. eventually I broke down… I lost faith…
God revealed to me that He was patient with me when I was getting “the best of both worlds,” so why couldn’t I be patient with Him??
Sometimes, we can all be a tad impatient with God. whether its dealing with our relationship with Him, or something we asked God for. In my case, my impatience with God caused me to be prideful and when I was being tested, I was humbled as well…
I just wanna encourage others that if there is something that you are desiring from God, be patient… Love is patient… God is and has always be patient with us.. so be patient with him in return.
“Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him: fret not thyself because of Him who prospereth in His ways…” -Psalm 37:7
“…knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience, and experience, hope…” -Romans 5:3,4
:: fellow Christians :: what is the difference between “slow to speak” and holding peace… and biting your tongue too much???? When is it okay to speak your mind?
Things you should know:
- You must reblog this post for eligibility.
- You must be following raisinghopeonline.tumblr.com
- Winners will be selected a week from today via a random number generator.
- Do not contact me about purchasing a wristband.
This is gonna be extra fun! This is originally a thingy for Facebook, but I wanted to bring it to tumblr =)
Hope you enjoyyyy <3
1. A note to your crush
2. A note to your BFF
3. A note to someone you miss
4. A note to someone you want back in your life
5. Someone who’s deceased
6. Someone who you’re not close to; but want to be
7. Someone you need to apologize too
8. A note to your mom/dad
9. A note to your brother/sister
10. A note to your favorite celebrity
11. A note to your favorite teacher
12. A note to your favorite store
13. A note to your favorite musician
14. A note to your pet
15. A note to your stuffed animal
16. A note to anyone you love
17. A note to an ex
18. A note to the president
19. A Note to your body,
20. A note to the first person that appears on your newsfeed
21. A note to your mom/dad ((opposite of the one you did for # 8 (:))
22. A note to someone who did you wrong
23. A note to someone you don’t care for
24. A note to your ceiling
25. A note to under your bed
26. A note to your most prized possession
27. A note to the person you used to like
28. A note to the first person that appears in your chat list
29. A note to God
30. A note to the person in the mirror, looking back at you.